I’m currently working on...
澳客网比分直播手机版 www.2v4ox.com.cn Further exploration of our most successful emulsifier, AMPHISOL? K. During this project, I found liquid-crystalline structures in the emulsion using Transmission Electron Microscopy which have not yet been identified. These structures could be linked to the outstanding stabilizing performance of AMPHISOL K for oils, salts and pigments. I’m also currently working on Hair Care projects, specifically on conditioning polymers with TILAMAR? QUAT and with TILAMAR FIX.
The aspect of my work that excites and inspires me the most is...
The complexity of emulsions. I’m fascinated by finding structure-related properties and how to shape their effectivity when developing tailor-made solutions.
The breakthrough I would most like to see made in my field is...
The development of sunscreen emulsions with a pleasant skin feel. Currently, sunscreens are oily and sticky which means that they end up not being used in the proper way. Having a pleasant skin feel would encourage people to use them correctly, which would lead to better protection from harmful UV rays.
Key areas of expertise:
- Product development (particularly Sun Care, Skin Care, Hair Care)
- UV filter evaluation
- Sunscreen formulation development
- Science of emulsions
- In vitro application test methods for cosmetic products:
- UV filter and sunscreens
- Polymers and hair care products
- Skin actives in emulsions
- M.Sc., Food Chemistry and Environmental Toxicology, University of Kaiserslautern (Germany)
I represent DSM externally at:
- DGK (The German Society of Cosmetic Chemists) Task Force 10 “Sun Protection” – Member
- ISO/TC217/WG07 Working Group (Sun Protection Test Methods) – Associated fellow